22 months from 07/12/2021 to 30/09/2023
The project has the ambition of redesigning the agricultural production systems of the jonico-salentino area to support the most vulnerable and fragile rural communities in a durable and compatible way, with the aim of: preventing their abandonment and further migratory processes; connecting production systems with different markets, feeding virtuous and sustainable paths also thanks to new practices and new development models.
CMCC is the leader of WP3 ” Climate and climate changes” which provides an in-depth analysis of the interactions between climate, terrestrial ecosystems, natural resources and agrofood production. CMCC is also the Task leader of:
- Task 3.1. Assessment of the climatic impacts observed on the resources of the Salento agricultural system
- Task 3.2. Definition of the climate change scenarios expected for the future and quantification of the likely impacts on the agricultural sector in the Salento area of Puglia region
- Task 3.4 Development of a long-term strategy to facilitate the transition towards a “Carbon Neutral” agriculture in the Salento area
Moreover, CMCC will contribute to Task 3.3. Analysis of the studies concerning the interactions existing between agricultural activities in the district and climatic and territorial factors.
The project includes seven work packages related to Context analysis (WP1), Natural capital (WP2), Climate and climate change (WP3), Infrastructure capital (WP4), Innovation and sustainability (WP5), Decision support system (WP6), Scientific coordination (WP7). CMCC will contribute in particular to the WP3 with the definition of the pathways towards a “Carbon Neutral” agriculture in the Salento area of Puglia region.
Generate a complex system of decision support, capable of overall re-elaborating contextual, naturalistic, climatological, infrastructural and social data and translating them into intervention strategies, expert systems, medium and long-term forecasts, production solutions.
- Università del Salento (Unisalento)
- Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro (Uniba)
- Politecnico di Bari (Poliba)
- Istituto per la Protezione Sostenibile delle Piante del CNR (IPSP-CNR)
- Istituto Agronomico Mediterraneo (CIHEAM-Bari)