via Thomas Alva Edison s.n.c. - 81100 Caserta (CE), Italy
In 2012 he graduated in Structural and Geotechnical Civil Engineering with a thesis in Geotechnics on “Physical modelling of infiltration and evaporation processes in pyroclastic soils” at the University of Naples “Federico II”. In May 2016, he was awarded the PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering (XXVII cycle) at the “Federico II” University of Naples with research activity on “Interaction of pyroclastic covers with the atmosphere and the substrate”.
He has been working at the REMHI division (CMCC) from April 2015 first as a freelance professional, and from October 2018 as a Junior Scientist. His research activity focuses on the study of potential variations in the number of occurrences of weather-induced landslide events due to climate change and on the study of urban climate with numerical models able to quantify both the magnitude of the urban heat island phenomenon and the effectiveness of adaptation measures on a local scale in reducing this magnitude.
In the last year, he has been contributing to the preparation of different proposals for national and European calls (e.g., C3S-430). He is author of numerous research papers in SCOPUS and WoS journals, participating as a speaker also in several international conferences.
- VHR-REA_IT Dataset: Very High Resolution Dynamical Downscaling of ERA5 Reanalysis over Italy by COSMO-CLM
- Study on adaptation modeling
- A Comparison between One-Step and Two-Step Nesting Strategy in the Dynamical Downscaling of Regional Climate Model COSMO-CLM at 2.2 km Driven by ERA5 Reanalysis
- The role of cover thickness in the rainfall-induced landslides of Nocera Inferiore 2005
- Laboratory and physical prototype tests for the investigation of hydraulic hysteresis of pyroclastic soils
- Exploring ERA5 reanalysis potentialities for supporting landslide investigations: a test case from Campania Region (Southern Italy)
- Evaluation and Expected Changes of Summer Precipitation at Convection Permitting Scale with COSMO-CLM over Alpine Space
- Urban morphology parameterization for assessing the effects of housing blocks layouts on air temperature in the Euro-Mediterranean context
- Some aspects of water and energy budget of a pyroclastic cover
- The role of hydraulic hysteresis on the hydrological response of pyroclastic silty covers