ADRIADAPT aims at promoting local and regional resilience by developing the knowledge base required to identify suitable climate adaptation and planning options, thereby enabling local authorities to respond to policy needs related to climate action in urban and coastal zones of the project area (coastal regions of Italy and Croatia along the Adriatic Sea).
30 Months from 01/01/2019 to 30/06/2021
ADRIADAPT’s objectives are:
- Harmonize and improve available climate related knowledge generated by existing national and European monitoring and data collection networks, and produce high resolution datasets and projections that provide detailed and reliable information on climate-related impacts in the regions, which will be shaped into readily-usable forms for the decision making process.
- Create a climate information system or knowledge platform for the Adriatic region containing best practices, guidance documents, legal frameworks and climate and vulnerability studies, to foster the design of multi-scale adaptation and resilience plans and measures, which will support safe and sustainable socio-ecological systems, linking natural, social and economic dynamics that cross transversally from the inland, coastal and marine areas in the two partner countries.
- Test and integrate the knowledge platform with partners from the participating Italian and Croatian pilot cities and extended urban areas where adaptation and resilience plans will be designed.
- Maintain and disseminate the information contained in the knowledge platform as a region specific repository for climate policy and plans, which provides support and locally relevant information for follower cities aiming at climate resilience planning.
CMCC is in charge of WP 1 “Project management and coordination of activities” and WP 3 “Climate Monitoring and services” and contributes to WP 4 “Tools and strategies for a Climate resilience knowledge base in the Adriatic” and WP 5 “Testing integrated resilience tools for the Adriatic coastal areas”.
Platform with tools and knowledge for local climate planning (toolbox) tested with local authorities, local sets of climate information, climate resilience plans.
The project will collect existing knowledge and guidance tools and sources for local adaptation available and make them accessible via a bi-lingual knowledge platform (Italian and Croatian) for climate planning and training courses and will integrate this information where necessary, co-create climate information tailored for the specific needs of local stakeholders. It will furthermore test these instruments with the local authorities taking part in the project for the definition and approval of local of climate resilience plans.
- Meteorological and Hydrological Service
- University IUAV of Venice
- Priority Actions Programme Regional Activity Centre
- Union of the Municipalities of Savio Valley
- Regional Agency for Prevention, Environment and Energy if Emilia Romagna
- Municipality of Udine
- Municipality of Cervia
- Society for Sustainable Development Design
- Sibenik-Knin County
- City of Vodice