GUTTA project will contribute to the analysis of the cross-border ferry traffic between Italy and Croatia and to its decarbonization.
42 Months from 01/01/2019 to 30/06/2022
The GUTTA project aims to contribute to greener ferry routes between Italy and Croatia.
This overarching objective is going to be achieved through three specific objectives.
The first one will lead to the realization of a web tool for providing CO2-optimal ferry routes (www.gutta-visir.eu), based on operational meteo-marine forecast products.
The second specific objective consists in an assessment of the added value of the information contents of the CO2 emissions data collected under the EU Regulation 757/15 on MRV (Monitoring/Reporting/Verification).
The third specific objective of GUTTA will lead to an analysis of past and present trends of maritime mobility between Italy and Croatia, also in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
GUTTA’s communication strategy will involve three target groups: the general public of EU citizens, the maritime sector, and related technical and scientific communities.
Find out more on GUTTA: watch the video!
CMCC is GUTTA scientific coordinator and project manager, and is involved in all communication activities, including stakeholders’ involvement. Moreover, CMCC is responsible for the development of the eco-routes tool based on development of VISIR model.
GUTTA will develop a computational capacity to plan low-carbon ferry routes in the programme area, will contribute to give visibility to the data collected under the EU-MRV Regulation, and will analyze the cross-border maritime traffic between Italy and Croatia, also in view of the recent evloution of the health situation.
- Project Management and coordination
- Communication, dissemination and stakeholders/users involvement
- Collection of relevant data for vessels emissions, maritime traffic and vessels performance
- Development of emissions and routing models
- Development and testing of the tool for eco-routes computation
- Analysis of data produced in the frame of the MRV Regulation
- Analysis of data of maritime traffic between Italy and Croatia