- CMCC Foundation - Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change
GUTTA’s main objective is to support the decarbonisation of the existing cross border maritime links between Italy and Croatia through optimized operations, support to implementation of the EU Regulation 757/15 on MRV (Monitoring/Reporting/Verification) of CO2 emissions, and preparing the ground for a new ferry connection between Italy and Croatia.
Furthermore, GUTTA’s communication strategy will involve three target groups: the general public of EU citizens, the maritime sector, and related technical and scientific communities.
CMCC is GUTTA scientific coordinator and project manager, and is involved in all communication activities, including stakeholders’ involvement. Moreover, CMCC is responsible for the development of the eco-routes tool based on development of VISIR model.Expected resultsTop
GUTTA will make easier to apply the MRV Regulation, will develop a computational capacity to plan low-carbon ferry routes in the programme area, and will support the creation of a new maritime route between Italy and Croatia, resulting in a visible change in cross border territorial connectivity and cohesion.ActivityTop
- Project Management and coordination
- Communication, dissemination and stakeholders/users involvement
- Collection of relevant data for vessels emissions, maritime traffic and vessels performance
- Development of emissions and routing models
- Development and testing of the tool for eco-routes computation
- Production of guidance for MRV implementation
- Analysis and preparatory work for the establishment of a new maritime link between Italy and Croatia