Scientific research project on the Venice lagoon, focusing on the assessment of environmental risks and economic impacts induced by climate change.
25 months from 01/09/2019 to 31/10/2021
Definition of the most likely evolution of weather and climate-related parameters relevant for the implementation of environmental risk assessment methodologies in the Metropolitan city of Venice and the analysis of economic impacts of multiple climate-induced phenomena.
CMCC role: Subcontractor
- Definition of the most likely evolution of weather and climate-related parameters relevant for the implementation of environmental risk assessment methodologies in the Metropolitan city of Venice over the next decades and the associated uncertainty, using different methods of geophysics, applied statistics and numerical modelling
- Analysis of the economic impacts of various phenomena induced by climate change (e.g. financial impacts, direct damage to built capital, loss of production and GDP (Gross Domestic Product)) by applying economic methods and models specifically developed for the Italian socio-economic context.
- Medium and long term forecasts by means of an ensemble of simulations with dynamic models
- Medium-term forecasts with very high resolution numerical models developed by CMCC
- Evaluation of economic impacts of climate change-induced phenomena
Ca’Foscari University of Venice