Rita is a Junior Scientist at Ocean Predictions and Applications (OPA) division of CMCC Foundation.
She is the responsible of operational group working in the field of operational oceanography in the framework of several international/national projects.
She is the Mediterranean Sea and Black Sea MFCs Service Manager and the Local Service Desk Responsible for Mediterranean MFC for Copernicus Marine Service. She is the Project Manager for CMCC of EUCISE2020 and AMAre projects and the Scientific Responsible for CMCC for EMODnet MedSea Checkpoint project.
She is a lecturer in “Applications and Services in Operational Oceanography” at University of Malta for the Master of Science in Applied Oceanography.
She joined to different oceanographic research cruises in order to collect marine observational data.
She holds a M.Sc. degree in “Marine Environmental Sciences and Oceanography” from Alma Mater Studiorum, Bologna, and, in 2012, she obtained a Ph.D. degree in “Science and management of climate change” from Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, discussing a thesis on the analysis of the Atlantic Ocean circulation in response to increased atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration.
- Challenges for Sustained Observing and Forecasting Systems in the Mediterranean Sea
- A multi-service data management platform for scientific oceanographic products
- A coupled model study on the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation under extreme atmospheric CO2 conditions
- Introducing sailboats into ship routing system VISIR
- VISIR: technological infrastructure of an operational service for safe and efficient navigation in the Mediterranean Sea
- Regional approach to modeling the transport of floating plastic debris in the Adriatic Sea