Rita is a scientist holding a M.Sc. degree in “Marine Environmental Sciences and Oceanography” from Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, and a Ph.D. degree in “Science and management of climate change” from Ca’ Foscari University, Venice.
She works on the development of services for operational products uptake from different communities, from coast guards to private companies.
She is the Service Manager of the CMEMS Mediterranean and Black Sea Monitoring and Forecasting Centers.
She has been involved as Scientific Responsible or Project Manager in a multitude of international projects such as Blue Cloud, EMOD-PACE, EMODnet MedSea Checkpoint , EUCISE2020, AMAre, ETC/ICM, DeFishGear.
Since 2014, she is a lecturer in “Applications and Services in Operational Oceanography” at University of Malta for the Master of Science in Applied Oceanography.
She joined to different oceanographic research cruises in order to collect and analyze marine observational data.
Currently at CMCC, she is the deputy director of the Ocean Predictions and Applications (OPA) Division and the responsible of the Operational Prediction Group.
- Are Mediterranean Marine Protected Areas sheltered from plastic pollution?
- Challenges for Sustained Observing and Forecasting Systems in the Mediterranean Sea
- A multi-service data management platform for scientific oceanographic products
- A coupled model study on the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation under extreme atmospheric CO2 conditions
- Introducing sailboats into ship routing system VISIR
- VISIR: technological infrastructure of an operational service for safe and efficient navigation in the Mediterranean Sea
- Regional approach to modeling the transport of floating plastic debris in the Adriatic Sea