AMAre specific objective is to improve the management and protection measures in order to maintain the biodiversity and to increase the resilience of networks of MPAs/FRAs for present purposes and future challenges, supporting a sustainable use of the resources.
3 years from 01/11/2016 to 31/10/2019
- to develop shared methodologies and geospatial tools for multiple stressors assessment, coordinated environmental monitoring, multi criteria analyses and stakeholders’ engagements;
- to translate these guidelines into concrete pilot actions and coordinated strategies in selected Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) to solve hot spots of conflicts affecting marine biodiversity and the services it provides.
Responsible of the Activity 3.4: Oceanographic data and indicators for MPAs.
The final aim is to scale up strategies and recommendations at transnational level adopting an ecosystem-based approach to MSP considering the goals of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) across MPAs. MPA managers, public institutions, and key stakeholders working within the MPAs will benefit from the results of the project.
- The spatial planning and redistribution of human activities reducing conflicts and increasing synergies;
- The implementation of well-designed monitoring activities shared and comparable across MPAs/FRAs and habitats, allowing the objective to comparative assess the performance of single MPAs versus an MPA network;
- The potential to individuate early warning indicators of changes;
- The development of common transfrontier regulations and development of best practices to deal with present and future drivers of changes.
- ConISMA - Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Scienze del Mare
- CMCC - Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
- CNR-ISMAR - National Research Council, Institute of Marine Science
- University of Malta
- Spanish National Research Council
- HCMR - Hellenic Center for Marine Research
- IFREMER - French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea
- Management Consortium of Torre Guaceto
- Management Body of The National Marine Park of Alonissos Northern Sporades
- Regional Government of the Balearic Islands. Department of Environment, Agriculture and Fisheries