- IO-BAS Institute of Oceanology - Bulgarian Aacademy of Sciences
This contract is issued within the EU Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service (CMEMS) to provide regular information about the physical state of the ocean and marine ecosystems for the Black Sea.
Continuous production of data about the Black Sea including analysis, 10 days forecasts and reanalysis, describing waves, currents, temperature, salinity, sea level and biogeochemistry.
CMCC Foundation is Deputy Leader of the service and responsible for the Physics Production Unit (PU). Moreover, it is responsible for the Waves PU Backup and participates to the service evolution tasks.Expected resultsTop
Release of products for the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Centre: analysis, 10 days forecasts and reanalysis, describing waves, currents, temperature, salinity, sea level and biogeochemistry.ActivityTop
Main service activities are grouped in:
- Operations and data production
- Service Desk
- Products quality
- System evolution
- Cross cutting activities: multi-year products, ocean state report (OSR), ocean monitoring indicators (OMI), biogeochemical data assimilation
- Fondazione CMCC – Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
- Ulg – Université de Liège
- HZG – Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Institute for Coastal Research (HZG)
- USOF – Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”
- NIHWM – National Institute of Hydrology and Water Management