The project aims to promote Copernicus information and data in order to make them used by a wide variety of stakeholders and send users.
48 months from 29/05/2015 to 29/05/2019
The general objective is to promote and encourage the use and uptake of data and information from the Copernicus program amongst a wide range of user communities, taking into account the distinctions between technical and non technical, intermediate and end users, and making the most of the existing EU-funded activities and initiatives.
CMCC Foundation is involved in the preparation of the material to be shared with users and stakeholders, for the Copernicus services CMEMS (Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service) and C3S (Copernicus Climate Change Service), and for coastal areas. Moreover, it participates to the national Infosessions, whenever local organizers are interested in the prepared material.
- To increase the awareness about the Copernicus data, products and services, their availability (access), the free and open data policy;
- To ensure that users at various levels (e.g. EU, national, regional, local) become more familiar with all Copernicus products and services, good practices, and (the existence of) operational solutions;
- To inform, promote and ensure the access to information on Copernicus data, products, services, good practices and solutions.
There are two main activities:
- Preparation of information material, in the form of presentations and videos
- Participation to training and information Sessions in the European countries
- EARSC - European Association of Remote Sensing Companies
- GAF AG
- GOPA Consulting Group
- ISPRA - Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale