The LODE project focuses on the development of a optimal damage and loss data information systems for DRR and CCA to enhance the understanding of disaster impacts and by doing so it supports the requirements set by a number of policies and strategies at national, European and international levels.
24 Months from 15/01/2019 to 14/01/2021
The project improves management of knowledge and data on damage and losses caused by natural and man-made hazards as an input for disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation policies and strategies. It will contribute to raising awareness and encourage data sharing among a large variety of policy actors and stakeholders engaged in collecting damage and loss data for various policy purposes.
CMCC is leader of WP2 “Creation and management of stakeholders’ network”.
The project will produce three main categories of results targeting stakeholders that are both producers and users of damage and loss data and providing practical demonstration and technical solutions to support stakeholders in enhanced damage and loss data collection, coordination and management to support national, European, and international policies and strategies in DRR and CCA.
The project develops an inclusive damage and loss data model, which results in an information infrastructure for recording damage from multiple sectors at relevant spatial and temporal scales. The project shows:
- how such an information infrastructure supports a variety of analytical applications,
- how knowledge acquired from analysing a real event can improve risk models particularly in terms of indirect damage, which is necessary for developing and rendering science-based national risk assessments as required by the EU Community Mechanism and by national legislation.
- Fondazione CMCC – Italy
- Departament d’Interior – Generalitat de Catalunya (INT) – Spain
- Ilmatieteen Laitos (FMI) – Finland
- Regione Umbria – Italy
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS (CNRS) – France
- OASP Eppoearthquake Planning and Protection Organization) (OASP) – Greece
- Universidade do Porto (UPORTO) – Portugal
- Institute of Forestry (Inszasum) – Serbia
- Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC) – Spain