The MYSEA specific objective is the creation of a “Puglia Marine Observatory” for the protection of Caretta Caretta turtles.
25 months from 20/12/2019 to 31/01/2022
Protection of biodiversity
- Decrease of the Impact of Fishing on Sea Turtles;
- Decrease of the Post-release mortality;
- Software development for the Identification of sub-areas most frequented by turtles.
- Identification and protection of nesting areas;
- Inform and raise awareness among local community and fishermen;
- Education in sustainable behavior;
- Promotion of project activities.
Leader of development and communication activities
- Structural adjustment of Marine Turtles Rescue centers;
- Purchase equipment;
- Identification of Area of Interest via Satellite signal;
- Tracking of beaching and nesting areas;
- Production of informative and education material;
- Information campaign.
The aim of the project is to improve the protection of Caretta Caretta turtles that could be in risk of extinction.
Consorzio di Gestione Torre Guaceto