DG Climate Action awarded this tender to a group pf 4 partners lead by CMCC. SAM-PS project focuses in a broad and comprehensive manner on adaptation modelling. Its overall objective is to support better-informed decision-making on adaptation, which is among the priority areas of the EU Strategy on adaptation to climate change.
18 months from 09/09/2019 to 08/03/2021
SAM-PS will review adaptation modelling methods and tools, develop guidance for their application and prepare use-cases for their rapid deployment. The comprehensive review will provide an up-to-date and forward-looking overview that will inform the elaboration and assessment of investment and policy options.
Main contractor, Leader of the group
- desk review based on a comprehensive literature review
- interviews with selected experts and practitioners
- expert workshop in Brussels
- a series of recommended approaches for analysis
- a series of use-cases
- workshop proceedings and technical/scientific papers
Stichting VU – Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stichting Deltares, The Netherlands
Paul Watkiss Associated Limited, UL