- BELSPO - Service Public Federal de Programmation Politique Scientifique
SINCERE aims to strengthen the delivery of the JPI Climate Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda, building on existing collaborations, such as the business sector and global financial institutions, and other key international research, policy and societal actors.
Two Flagship Actions, focused on the design of research and innovation collaborations in Africa and Latin America, aim to expand and deepen knowledge to support the uptake of climate change adaptation and mitigation policies, climate services and resilience to disasters linked to climate change.
Expanding JPI Climate to include member countries in Eastern Europe is a particular goal.
CMCC is Leader of the WP 2 “WIDEN – Widening the platform” whose objectives are:
1) to consolidate and extend the JPI Climate partnership, by extending and strengthening the partnerships, among others by converting associated countries into full members, and
2) to stimulate an ideal place for dialogs, consultations and cooperation aimed at boosting investments and partnership for climate research and innovation, by engaging the financing sector organisations and the research funding communities in order to identify the right partners for the Flagship Actions.
CMCC will also contribute to WP 3 “IMPLEMENT – Increasing the International Implementation and Impact” and WP 4 “ACT – Flagship Actions for International Research Collaboration” and WP 5 “Communicate – Increasing the societal impact through communication”.Expected resultsTop
SINCERE will make JPI Climate an attractive partner for global cooperation in climate change research and innovation, thanks to close partnership with other JPIs, European Commission and European initiatives, as well as cooperation with the Global Framework for Climate Services, the Future Earth platform on global sustainability and the Belmont Forum.
SINCERE will strengthen the role of JPI Climate in providing underpinning knowledge and evidence for supporting the implementation of related EU policies and for fostering the EU’s common position in the global climate-related negotiations under UNFCCC. In addition, SINCERE will support the implementation of the SDGs, in particular SDG 13 ‘Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts’, as well as the implementation of the COP21 Paris Agreement.ActivityTop
SINCERE aims to strengthen the delivery of the JPI Climate Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA), building on existing collaborations, such as with other JPIs, the business sector and global financial institutions, and other key international research, policy and societal actors.
Expanding JPI Climate to include member countries in Eastern Europe is a particular goal. Two Flagship Actions, focused on the design of research and innovation collaborations in Africa and Latin America, aim to expand and deepen knowledge to support the uptake of climate change adaptation and mitigation policies, climate services and resilience to disasters linked to climate change. Targeted activities supported by an innovative outreach programme will enhance the international impact of JPI Climate research and innovation activities supporting both global science programmes and policy processes.
- Service Public Federal De Programmation Poliique Scientifique
- Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
- Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek
- Stichting Wageningen Research
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet
- The chancellor, masters and scholars of the University of Oxford
- Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación Productiva
- Aarhus Universitet
- Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur Wien
- Ministrstvo za izobrazevanje, znanost in sport
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Norges Forskningsrad
- Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft – und Raumfahrt Ev
- Institutul de Ecologie si Geografie
- CNRS – Centre National de la Research Scientifique
- Environmental Protection Agency of Ireland
- Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad
- Institut de recherche pour le developpement
- Ilmatieteen Laitos
- Eidgenoessisches departement des Innern