The ETC/CCA is a Consortium of European institutions that supply thematic expertise to the European Environment Agency (EEA) working at the interface between science and policy, in support to policy development and implementation in the area of climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation across Europe.
36 months from 01/01/2019 to 31/12/2021
To assist the EEA in supporting and informing policy development and implementation in the area of climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation in Europe by means of data, information, indicators, assessments and information systems, the main supported policy process being the EU Climate Change Adaptation Strategy.
- Project Coordination
- Task Management for the Tasks on:
- European Climate Adaptation Platform (Climate-ADAPT)
- Urban and social aspects of adaptation
- Climate change impacts and adaptation in the energy system.
- Eionet workshops and networking
- Contributions to a range of activities, including on:
- Climate change impacts in Europe
- Monitoring and evaluation of national adaptation strategies and plans
- Climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Climate change impacts and adaptation in agriculture
- European indicator on Economic losses from climate-related extremes.
- EEA assessment reports and other products on:
- climate change, impacts and vulnerability in Europe, and associated costs and benefits and of social inequalities related to climate change impacts;
- national and transnational adaptation knowledge platforms;
- monitoring, reporting and evaluation of climate change adaptation policies (strategies and action plans) at the national level in EEA countries, including an updated overview of national adaptation indicators
- urban adaptation in Europe, including the organization of the Urban Resilience Forum;
- ecosystem based approaches to climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction (nature based solutions, green and blue infrastructures);
- sectoral adaptation assessments (including in the agriculture, transport and energy sectors);
- EEA thematic assessments in the broader framework of sustainability;
- EEA integrated assessments, in particular the EEA flagship State of Environment Report (SOER2020), when relevant;
- Updated and improved European indicators on climate change and climate change impacts;
- Updated and improved Climate-ADAPT, as a key element of the 2013 EU Adaptation Strategy, including enhanced involvement of users and contributors and dissemination activities;
- Countries supported in their reporting of national adaptation information under the Monitoring Mechanism Regulation (MMR) and subsequently under the Energy Union.
The ETC/CCA assists the EEA insupporting EU policy development on climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation and disaster risk prevention by providing relevant information and contributing to the harmonisation, quality assessment and exchange of data and/or information. This encompasses knowledge base, data and indicators on climate change and its impacts across sectors and regions, assessment of climate change vulnerabilities and natural hazard risks to society and ecosystems and current or planned adaptation strategies and actions. Supporting capacity building in EEA member countries is a component of the ETC activities as well.
- CMCC Foundation - Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change