The Memorandum of Agreement between CMCC, INGV, OGS (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e Geofisica Sperimentale) and National Marine Environment Forecasting Center (NMEFC) – State Oceanic Administration (SOA) of China was signed on September 28, 2009.
Purpose and Objectives:
- Share information of their respective activities for the purpose, and within the scope, of this Agreement, subjec to arrangements as may be necessary for safeguarding confidential information;
- Develop a strong network for training, personnel exchanges, organization of workshops, conferences and assistance in operational oceanography and climate change impact studies in shelf and coastal seas;
- collaborate in the development of projects for operational oceanography and for mitigation and adaptation to climate change in the shelf and coastal seas.
Points of contact:
- Prof. Enzo Boschi (INGV)
- Prof. Iginio Marson (OGS)
- Dr. Antonio Navarra (CMCC)
Signature: September 28, 2009
Duration: 3 years (the agreement may be extended for three years by mutual consent of the two parties)
Deadline: September 28, 2015