The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive Software Developer to support research and development activities. This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
The location is CMCC Headquarters in Lecce, Italy.
The primary purposes for this position is to support the Applications Research Unit of the OPA Division of CMCC, in activities based on both observed and model maritime data. Candidates will be engaged in:
- supporting VISIR model (visir-model.net) developments
- porting/recoding/re-engineering/developing new numerical procedures based on heterogeneous maritime data
- developing/maintaining and improving operational chains components.
The desired qualifications are:
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Good knowledge of scientific programming languages (preferably Python, Matlab, R)
- knowledge of version control systems (e.g., git)
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
- fluency in the English language
- knowledge of workflow management platforms
- experience in managing/manipulating NetCDF data
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex Italian Law 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 24 months starting from July 2020 at an annual salary ranging from 22 K to 38K Euros for junior research associates and from 32K to 48K Euros for senior research associates, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment”.