The Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change Foundation (CMCC Foundation) (www.cmcc.it) is the non profit Italian research centre on climate science and policy. Its activities focus on the development and applications of models of climate dynamics, impacts of climate change and adaptation and mitigation policies.
The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive Scientific Software Developer to support the research activities foreseen in the CMCC Advanced Scientific Computing Division.
The location is CMCC Headquarters in Lecce, Italy. Remote working could be an option.
The main responsibility for this position is to design, implement, test and deploy scientific applications (Python workflows and web user interfaces) within the Copernicus Climate Data Store framework. Other duties will be related to software development for services based on Internet of Things technologies, and the engagement and contribution to open source software communities.
The minimum qualifications are:
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent fields
- Excellent knowledge of Python programming language
- Good knowledge of Python scientific libraries (numpy, scipy, xarray)
- Good working experience with Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good knowledge of both written and spoken English language
Additional preferred experience:
- 2+ years experience in scientific software development
- Good knowledge of Git, open source version control system
- Good knowledge of NETCDF/GRIB data formats and corresponding tools (NCO, CDO)
- Knowledge of Java, Go programming languages
- Knowledge of databases – PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Experience with Jupyter/Zeppelin notebooks
- Experience with container technologies and solutions: Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for n° 12 months starting from September 2019 at an annual salary ranging from 22K to 34K Euros, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment” published to the following url: http://www.cmcc.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Reclutamento_Personale_EN.pdf