The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive researcher to cover one open position in scientific activities and research projects on the contribution of the agricultural and forestry systems to climate change.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
The location is the CMCC – Impacts on Agriculture, Forests and Ecosystem Services Division (IAFES) in Viterbo, Italy.
The primary purpose for this position is to perform research on the assessment of the effects of practices and policies on GHG emissions and removals in the AFOLU sector (Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use).
The desired qualifications are:
- a PhD (or equivalent experience) in agricultural or forestry topics or equivalent subjects;
- fluency in English language (knowledge of Italian will be an asset)
- a very good ability in data analysis using Excel and/or other programs;
The following experiences are highly desirable (one or several):
- research experience on the terrestrial carbon cycle and the feedbacks between climate change and ecosystems, with particular regard to mitigation and adaptation of the land sector;
- experiences with carbon and GHG data elaboration;
- basic programming skills;
- knowledge of the IPCC guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories;
- analysis of impacts on climate of agricultural and LULUCF practices;
- LULUCF accounting rules and mitigation policies in agriculture and forestry;
- strong analytical skills to work with large and multiple datasets;
- author of scientific publications on peer reviewed journals on relevant topics (first authorship will be an asset);
- good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) and enjoying full rights as a citizen of the EU will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 12 months starting as soon as possible, at an annual salary which will depend on qualification and experience. For post-doc the minimum annual salary is 28K Euros, for Jr. scientists the minimum is 36K, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
Note: If you already applied for this job position using the old CMCC Job Application Manager (JAM), your application is valid and will be taken in consideration. Only if you need to change some information about your application, please apply again to our new system.
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment”.