The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive Backend Developer to support the research and the service improvement activity.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
The location is CMCC Headquarters in Lecce, Italy.
The primary purpose for this position is to support both the research and operational activities of the OPA division.
The mandatory qualifications are:
- M.Sc. degree (or candidate for graduation in the next couple of months) or equivalent working experience in Computer Science, Engineering
- good knowledge of programming languages (i.e. Python and/or C and/or Fortran)
- good knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and script languages (i.e. *nix shell)
- good background in GNU/Linux Operating Systems administration
- good knowledge of version control systems (e.g., git)
Furthermore, it is welcome to have as much as possible of the following experience:
- fluency in English language
- knowledge of distributed computing or parallel computing on HPC architectures
- knowledge of workflow management systems (e.g., Luigi, Cylc)
- knowledge of MPI library and OpenMP API
- experience in managing/manipulating NetCDF data
- Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Map Service (WMS), Web GIS;
- DBMS (mySQL);
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 24 months starting as soon as possible at an annual salary ranging from 24 to 36K Euros for Junior Research Associates and from 32 to 50K Euros for Senior Research Associates, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment“.